There are many reasons someone would want to avoid a certain airlines, particularly those who have ever dealt with Americas miserableofferings. It could be because they charge you for everybit of luggage, or because you spend more at the chiropractor afteryou fly on thoselousy McDonnell Douglas planes. Thenthere are those who just want to avoid being hauled to the ground and draggeddown anaisle.
Whatever the reason, here is how to filter airlines on major travel sites so you can look for tickets without the temptation of spending a bit less on an airline youve already vowed to boycott.
- Go to https://www.google.com/flights/
- Enter your departure and arrival information and search.
- Press on the Airline tab just under those spaces (Google will only show you the airlines that offer flights within your parameters).
- Press the check mark to the left of an airlines name to exclude all others, or press the X to hide a specific airline.
- Go to https://www.kayak.com/
- Set your destination and travel dates and press search.
- On the next page youll see a panel on the left side. Scroll down until you see the Airlines tab.
- The Carrier tab underneath shows all airlines offering flights. Unlike Google Flights, Kayak shows the lowest price offered by each airline. If youre worried about mileage, press the Alliance tab.
- Now press the box next to the name of the airline to include it in your search, and press it again to hide it.
- Load up https://www.orbitz.com/Flights
- Run a search after filling in all relevant info.
- Similar to Kayak, the next page shows a list of airlines with prices under the airlines included tab on the left side. You can even see how many flights each airline offers.
- Press the box next to the name of the airline to include it in your search. Press it again to hide the results.
- Go to https://www.travelocity.com/
- Fill in all the info and search. Important: Make sure the flights tab on the main page is pressed.
- Follow steps 3 and 4 from Orbitz above.
Editor’s Note: Expedia,Priceline, CheapOAir, CheapTickets, andMomondo all employ a similar interface.
Skiplagged (more info on this service here)
- Head to https://skiplagged.com/
- After searching for your flight you will see a chart with flight duration and prices.
- Look for the Airlines” title on the right panel (left of hotels).
- Deselect an airline if you want to exclude it from your search.
- Hover over an airline’s name and press only to hide all other airlines.
Searching for qualityairlines could prevent a lot of headaches down the road. Its a process similar to searching for a good doctor or car mechanic. Youll probably have to test out a bunch of options, but once you find the right one, youll never want to let go.